Style lesson of the week: 7 grown-up ways to wear a crop top
Stigmatized as a whimsical design with particular fame, the crop top often raises people’s eyebrows, especially when it comes to grown-up styling other than short shorts, sneakers and a denim jacket. But with the right selection of the individual elements, the hero of the day can actually become a great accent with a pleasant, mature aesthetic, subject to styling in different directions.
Everything that brings us pleasure and makes us feel good should be consumed in generous doses, so we intend to unravel the stylistic features around the crop top, raising questions about how and how often.
- The easiest tip we can give and follow is to combine the elements into a monochrome palette. Neutral colors are a natural choice for building the look, especially if it is our first experience with this design – black and white are always a good combinations.
- If you feel bolder than ever, strong colors are more than a good idea to take advantage of. The color block motif works wonders and is not difficult to wear at all, two strong colors in one look are absolutely enough to start successfully.
- The crop top can shine both in casual looks and in bolder ones, a manifestation of an enviable dose of imagination and fashion sense. The oversized suit is a fantastic idea that will not go unnoticed on the street, as well as the leather trench coat, relevant for the spring-summer season despite the expected temperatures.
- The evening looks are the culmination, talking about styling the crop top. Feathers are probably the best example we can give, and with an accent like this, the rest of the look doesn’t need much care – well-tailored pants with a very high waist and a pair of high-heeled sandals are more than enough.
- Playing with different types of textures is another starting point when building an outfit. The silk scarf, tied like a top, brings an unexpected twist, and the layering of shortened knitting on a blazer is an idea worth trying.
- Romantic feminine aesthetics is another direction we can take in styling the piece. Most looks with a main character in his image are modern and bold, quite youthful in general, but this is not the only option. Combining a loose midi skirt and a top with a romantic puff sleeve in light cotton or linen is a wonderful option, illustrated in shots by fashion girls.
- Of course, there is an even easier option to wear a crop top, which does not even require the purchase of such a design. Instead, we can simply tie the voluminous t-shirt in a knot, and why not the shirt, combining it with short shorts in a bright color like fuchsia.