How to Score a Designer Bag for Less?
From Gucci’s Dionysus bag to Chanel’s 2.55 and Dior’s Diorama there are so many bags on our wish list that keep us awake at night. Reality is that most of them cost as much as our complete monthly salary so it’s a serious investment that must be thought about carefully. Here is where our tips and tricks come handy.
Of course we can’t promise that you’ll be able to buy the most-coveted bags rarely go on sale but you will be able to save cash and nail a designer handbag for less.
Follow our money saving tips and shop wisely.
The Glam Magazine
- Browse international e-commerce websites such as Farfetch and Luisaviaroma, sometimes offer lower prices for the same bag, because there are lower import and duties taxes, which contributes to an overall lower cost.
- Check an authentic second hand shop (like What goes around comes around) – you can save money by investing in a pre-owned bag.
- Opt for an unusual colour – Seasonal colours tend to go on sale much more often than classic colours like black.
- Subscribe to retailers newsletter – Retailers offer a welcome discount coupon if you sign up for their newsletter or download their app.
- Take advantage of employee sales – Retailers have employee sales several times a year, so just make sure you make friends with any of the staff, who would like to share their discount with you.
- Sign up for new arrivals retailers for outlet luxury goods – Sign up for email notifications of new arrivals for sites like The Outnet which sell designer pieces exclusively.